[pve-devel] Storage migration

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Dec 17 07:44:42 CET 2012

Hi,

>>You mentioned some time ago that you have provided some patches for qm
>>copy which could be used for storage migration. However, I have not
>>been able to locate the code anywhere in pve-storage.
Yes, they are not apply yet. you need to check the proxmox dev mailing archive

>> I wonder if you
>>in fact mean the volume_clone patch and if so these patches seems not
>>be have been committed?

it's a different thing, clone patchs are like "linked" clones in vmware world. you have a base image, and cloned image write only delta.

>>Will they be committed sometime?
Dietmar wait to finished is new backup infrastucture before include patchs

BTW, I'll rework on copy feature this week, adding them to clone patches. (and also work on clone detach).
So wait a little, things are coming :)

You mentioned some time ago that you have provided some patches for qm
copy which could be used for storage migration. However, I have not
been able to locate the code anywhere in pve-storage. I wonder if you
in fact mean the volume_clone patch and if so these patches seems not
be have been committed? Will they be committed sometime?

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys: