[pve-devel] [RFC series pve-network/pve-cluster/qemu-server] DHCP

Stefan Hanreich s.hanreich at proxmox.com
Mon Nov 13 11:35:28 CET 2023

On 11/13/23 11:04, Alexandre Derumier wrote:
> I have splitted the ipam add|del , from the dhcp lease reservation.
>
> The ipam add|del ip is done when creating|deleting vm, or add|del a vm nic
>
> The dhcp reservation is done at vm start.
>
> The delete of dhcp reservation is done at vm destroy.
>
> (This can be easily extend for ephemeral ip)
>
> At vm start, we search ip associated with mac address.

Thanks very much, that looks like a very good solution! From what I can
tell migration would also work with this?

> I have only implemented calls in qemu-server for now

Do you plan on checking out pve-container as well? Or should I look into
this?

I integrated it into my branch and will be giving it a test drive now.

I've been working on a UI integration in the meanwhile and it's getting
along quite well although it will need to cook for another day or two.