[PVE-User] Installations Feedback

ijez ijez76 at gmail.com
Thu May 8 08:33:45 CEST 2008

Hi,

Just try PVE on the Dell PowerEdge 2950 with 6 HDD ( 2x80GB, 4x1TB ), Quad Core Processor, 8GB RAM, on the installation, PVE ask me to select the HDD to install and I select the first HDD then the installations start smoothly. Congratulations for the simple installations step :)

Now the problem, I'm not familiar with Debian, but in CentOS, at installations time, it will automatically select all the HDD, create the /boot partition with 100M space on the first HDD, do LVM partition on all available HDD it's detect ( with swap, /, and /home partitions ). It is possible for PVE to do automatic partition layout with all available HDD select?

So now, to workaround my problem, I would like to ask how could I add another 5 HDD ( if possible, setup RAID 1 ) into the fresh PVE installations ( I can see debian is detecting all the HDD on boot)? I would like to used it as a space for my openvz container.

I don't know if this is the right channel, but I would like to request a features that allow user to setup software RAID on installations time.

Thanks in advances for the very promising product.

Thanks and Regards,