[PVE-User] Load ztdummy module

Andrew Niemantsverdriet andrew at rocky.edu
Thu Sep 25 17:13:12 CEST 2008

I am trying to install asterisk in an openVZ container. I am wanting to use
the "meetme" module and in order to do that I need the ztdummy module
installed on the host node. In order to install the ztdummy module on the
host node the kernel-headers are needed. APT can't find the kernel headers
to make the ztdummy module.

Steps to reproduce:

apt-get install zaptel zaptel-source
module-assistant a-i zaptel

At that last step zaptel can not be compiled because of missing kernel
headers. As expected a:

apt-get install linux-headers-`uname -r`

Comes back with an error about not being able to find package
linux-headers-2.6.24

Is there a way to get this to work in OpenVZ or should I just use KVM?

--
_
/-\ ndrew Niemantsverdriet
andrew at rocky.edu