[PVE-User] tape drive support in guests?

Martin Maurer martin at proxmox.com
Tue Jun 23 18:13:00 CEST 2009

We tried to get this running, especially using a scsi tape in a windows guest. But we had no success and as far as I know it's still not working (it got lower priority here...)

But if it works, Proxmox VE would be a nice solution for small single server implementation where the backup software is installed in a windows guest (e.g. the ntbackup or the much better one in win2008 - Windows Server Backup).

For single server installation with internal tape (for small business):
Install the backup software on the Proxmox VE with direct access to the tape (e.g. bacula, arkeia, sep sesam, etc.)

Br, martin