[PVE-User] How to make a restore point at each step and duplicate VM as system is built?

Bruce B bruceb444 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 21:11:05 CET 2011

Hi Everyone,

I keep loving Proxmox for it's stability and now I want to move over more
and more of my service to it's little CentOS template VMs. I do a lot of
work with system development and being used to Restore points in Vmware
Workstation, I want to be able to do the same in Proxmox.

1- Can someone please layout where all the contents of a VM is in Proxmox
server?
2- Is it a simple "cp" of the folder VM ID responsible for the whole OS VM?
3- Can I simply rename the copied VM and leave it in a directory for the web
GUI to pick it up?

***I understand that there are issues like fixing the network settings when
a VM is copied but are there any other concerns I should know?

Any light shed on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Bruce