[PVE-User] online backup / 2.6.32-4 vs. 2.6.32-6

Tonci Stipičević tonci at suma-informatika.hr
Tue Feb 7 15:48:23 CET 2012

Best regards to all

I would like to report very strange and unreliable online-backup
behavior in my case.
Like I asked in the  mail  today  I could not achieve the latest pve
configuration , maybe this is the reason of this unstable behavior.
2.6.32-4  is the master kernel.

zmaj03:~# pveversion -v
pve-manager: 1.9-26 (pve-manager/1.9/6567)
running kernel: 2.6.32-4-pve
proxmox-ve-2.6.35: 1.8-13
pve-kernel-2.6.32-4-pve: 2.6.32-33
pve-kernel-2.6.35-2-pve: 2.6.35-13
qemu-server: 1.1-32
pve-firmware: 1.0-14
libpve-storage-perl: 1.0-19
vncterm: 0.9-2
vzctl: 3.0.29-3pve1
vzdump: 1.2-16
vzprocps: 2.0.11-2
vzquota: 3.0.11-1
pve-qemu-kvm: 0.15.0-2
ksm-control-daemon: 1.0-6

zmaj03-2:~# pveversion -v
pve-manager: 1.9-26 (pve-manager/1.9/6567)
running kernel: 2.6.32-6-pve
proxmox-ve-2.6.35: 1.8-13
pve-kernel-2.6.35-2-pve: 2.6.35-13
pve-kernel-2.6.32-6-pve: 2.6.32-55+ovzfix-1
qemu-server: 1.1-32
pve-firmware: 1.0-14
libpve-storage-perl: 1.0-19
vncterm: 0.9-2
vzctl: 3.0.29-3pve1
vzdump: 1.2-16
vzprocps: 2.0.11-2
vzquota: 3.0.11-1
pve-qemu-kvm: 0.15.0-2
ksm-control-daemon: 1.0-6

So whenever I set backup up I'm never sure whether it will start or not.
Sometimes it starts and sometimes it does not.
Regulary nightly backup is of big importance for me but I still cannot
make it work.

I allways use snapshot because my VMs are placed on the LVM shared
storage (netapp iscsi) and the backup folder is also a netapp-nfs share.

where can I check what was the reason the backup did not start.

Any hints/help would be very appreciated

thank you in advance and
--

/srdačan pozdrav / best regards/

Tonči Stipičević