[PVE-User] vzdump ping loss on snapshot

Muhammad Yousuf Khan sirtcp at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 22:16:03 CEST 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 7:38 AM, Dietmar Maurer <dietmar at proxmox.com> wrote:
>> when i vzdump one of my production VM i lost ping however the option i
>> select for backup is snapshot. for example, it is like when i use the option
>> suspend for backing up VM instead of snapshot. and the VM image resides
>> on LVM partition.
>
> Seems you are using software RAID, and that is simply too slow.

Thanks for your answer, you are right i agree  but just one question
for learning purpose only. what do you mean by SW RAID is slow. are
you talking about HD speed ? this questions comes in my mind because
when i run the backup job other machines work fine ron the same base
machine. would you please throw some light on this.

Thanks