[PVE-User] poor HDD performance

Patryk Benderz Patryk.Benderz at esp.pl
Wed May 22 18:52:35 CEST 2013

Hi,
	I have managed to install Windows server 2003 but it was painfully
slow, and after restart, I gave up booting after waiting for 3 hours,
when I saw information that windows is starting(!)
	Seems like my HDD performance is terrible, as described by dietmar and
tom here:
http://188.165.151.221/threads/2649-KVM-machines-very-slow-unreachable-during-vmtar-backup

on my host (VM is down):
root at pve:/etc# pveperf
CPU BOGOMIPS:      8533.80
REGEX/SECOND:      843003
HD SIZE:           56.84 GB (/dev/mapper/pve-root)
BUFFERED READS:    2.51 MB/sec
AVERAGE SEEK TIME: 99.81 ms
FSYNCS/SECOND:     3.33
DNS EXT:           2003.07 ms
DNS INT:           2002.42 ms (localdomain)

My host is IBM x3250 4364-K1G with LSI SAS controller:
root at pve:/etc# lspci
[...]
05:00.0 SCSI storage controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS1064ET PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS (rev 02)
[...]

Any ideas how to improve performance?

--
Patryk "LeadMan" Benderz