[PVE-User] ERROR: unable to connect to VM 105 qmp socket - timeout after 31 retries

"[SOLTECSIS] Carles Xavier Munyoz Baldó" carles at unlimitedmail.org
Tue May 5 18:50:42 CEST 2015

Hello,
I have just licensed and upgraded a promox server to the last version
3.4-3. Before the upgrade I has the version 3.1.

A few hours after upgrade, I have had problems with two different
virtual machines, one with Windows and the other one with Linux. The
virtual machines have been stopped working. I have tried to access the
console of them but it was not possible and in the /var/log/syslogfile I
have seen errors like these:
[...]
May  5 13:23:43 bra1 pvedaemon[40507]: unable to connect to VM 105 qmp
socket - timeout after 31 retries
May  5 13:23:44 bra1 pvedaemon[40724]: unable to connect to VM 105 qmp
socket - timeout after 31 retries
May  5 13:23:46 bra1 pvedaemon[40507]: unable to connect to VM 105 qmp
socket - timeout after 31 retries
May  5 13:23:50 bra1 pvedaemon[40507]: unable to connect to VM 105 qmp
socket - timeout after 31 retries
May  5 13:23:54 bra1 pvedaemon[40507]: unable to connect to VM 105 qmp
socket - timeout after 31 retries
[...]

The only option I had is to stop the virtual machine and launch it again.

These virtual machines where going fine in the Proxmox 3.1 version.
Which is the reason for which I'm having these problems now with the
last Proxmox version?

Best regards.
SOLTECSIS SOLUCIONES TECNOLOGICAS, S.L.
Carles Xavier Munyoz Baldó
Departamento de I+D+I
Tel./Fax: 966 446 046
cmunyoz at soltecsis.com
www.soltecsis.com

---
La información contenida en este e-mail es confidencial,
siendo para uso exclusivo del destinatario arriba mencionado.
Le informamos que está totalmente prohibida cualquier
utilización, divulgación, distribución y/o reproducción de
esta comunicación sin autorización expresa en virtud de la
legislación vigente. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error,
le rogamos nos lo notifique inmediatamente por la misma vía
y proceda a su eliminación.
---