[PVE-User] Ceph 16 upgrade warning also valid for proxmox users?

Dominik Csapak d.csapak at proxmox.com
Fri Nov 19 08:42:56 CET 2021

On 11/18/21 19:02, Harald Leithner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the ceph release packages site has a big red warning not to upgrade from
> earlier versions to Pacific.
>
> So when I haven't updated to Pacific yet, should I wait or is it safe to
> upgrade for what ever reason?
>
> https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/releases/pacific/

Hi,

this bug is already mentioned in our upgrade guide:

https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Ceph_Octopus_to_Pacific#Check_if_bluestore_fsck_quick_fix_on_mount_is_disabled

You can ofc run Octopus for now, if you want to play it safe and wait
for a fix in Pacific (though AFAIK if that option is disabled the
upgrade should be ok, but maybe i am missing something)

kind regards