SSHFS drops from virtual machine

Miguel Gonzalez miguel_3_gonzalez at yahoo.es
Tue Oct 19 19:57:43 CEST 2021

Hi,

I have had a virtual machine running for years mounting a SSHFS
filesystem where everynight a backup is performed. I decided to do this
instead of using sftp or other means because they were not working and
besides this let me the possibility of having access to the backup itself.

I have moved the virtual machine from a Proxmox running 5.4-13 to
another server running 5.4-15. Exact settings and now from time to time
the connection drops randomly and sshfs gets unmounted and I get the
following messages on the remote SSH server.

Oct 18 00:19:50 nagios sshd[27752]: Corrupted MAC on input.
Oct 18 00:19:50 nagios sshd[27752]: ssh_dispatch_run_fatal: Connection
from 111.222.333.444 port 41474: message authentication code incorrect

How can I troubleshoot this from the proxmox machine? I don´t see
anything logged in my server.

Thanks,

Miguel