[PVE-User] OfflineUncorrectableSector, and now?!

Stefan Hanreich s.hanreich at proxmox.com
Tue Dec 13 11:51:44 CET 2022

These warnings get governed by the configuration in /etc/smartd.conf

The only line in the default configuration line looks like this:

DEVICESCAN -d removable -n standby -m root -M exec
/usr/share/smartmontools/smartd-runner

You can change this to the following line to only get email
notifications when the value of SMART attribute 198 increases:

|DEVICESCAN -U 198+ -d removable -n standby -m root -M exec
/usr/share/smartmontools/smartd-runner |

You can find the documentation for this file in the respective man page [1].

Kind Regards
Stefan

[1] https://linux.die.net/man/5/smartd.conf