[PVE-User] NFS Backups

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Thu Jul 21 09:52:07 CEST 2022

On Thu, 21 Jul 2022 10:39:38 +0300
Сергей Цаболов <tsabolov at t8.ru> wrote:

> 20.07.2022 20:13, GM пишет:
> > Have you tried to copy a large file directly from the host(s) to
> > the nf server, how's the speed on that?
> Yes, I try copy large file iso with rsync and the speed is no  more
> than 180MB/s - 210MB/s

If you have synchronious writes enabled on Synology (perhaps default)
you are not able to transfer more data than the speed of the disks in
Synology. 180MB/s - 210MB/s looks like the speed of a 10k-15k SAS disk.
However, if you configure Synology for asynchronious writes the limit
for transfer is a kombination of disk speed and memory size of the
Synology with a risk of loosing data. See
https://www.gavingreer.com/2020/03/06/synology-nfs-mount

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?search=0xD3C9A00E
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?search=0xE501F51C
mir <at> miras <dot> org
https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?search=0xE3E80917

'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a
revolutionary act.' -George Orwell

/usr/games/fortune -es says:
I was making donuts and now I'm on a bus!