From Proxmox VE
Care2x is an Open Source Healthcare and Hospital Management Application. It is extensively used in Albanian and East African Hospitals. It supports ICD10 and OPS301. This version now has a fully working DICOM Viewer for X-Ray images.
For more details see: Care2x Site
Virtual Appliances can be downloaded directly via the Central Web-based Management.
Recommended settings for Proxmox VE
- Memory (MB): 512
- Swap (MB): 512
- Hard disk (GB): 8
Appliance specific settings
Mysql root password: random and available in /root/.my.cnf. You can change this via command line by:
mysqladmin -u root -p password yournewpasswordhere
- Set the server timezone via command line:
- Restart VM
- Debian Lenny
- Care2x v2.6.x SVN
- MySQL 5
- PHP5 with xsl and cURL
Set in the php.ini file:
magic_quotes_gpc = Off
Start the VM and open a VNC console and install the latest security updates.
apt-get update apt-get dist-upgrade
It is fully preinstalled and login with admin and password care123 and change it after logging in.
The configuration is stored at:
The access details for Care2x is shown in the first startup logs of the Virtual Machine.
Recommended First Usage
After logging in as an admin, we can set up the applicaion initial values.
Login as admin: Menu: System Admin -> Access permissions
1. Create Roles (at least one role with All Areas) 2. Create Users and assign them Roles (At least one user with All Areas Role) 3. Create Wards and Rooms in them 4. Create Departments like real Pharmacies and make Pharmacies children of Pharmacy Department
Menu: Special Tools -> Addresses
1. Create Cities and Zip Codes 2. Create Personnel (Person first and then "Employ" them) - Doctors, Nurses, etc.
Login as Normal User with Role permitting all areas:
Create Patients (Person first) Admit them etc....
Bug 1 (Solved in SVN now)
On a fresh install, when the first person is created from the personell_admin, on form submission, we get a blank page.
- The person table is updated (if image was added, 0.jpg was entered).
- The person_insurance table is updated with pid=0 !
Hence the person's insurance details are not displayed! All subsequent persons are added correctly.
Further info is that the first person's image (if provided at the time of registration itself) gets stored as 0.jpg (or whatever file extension). The pid in the person table is fine. The pid in the person_insurance table is 0.
- Add first person without picture and without insurance.
- Uodate the person with the picture and insurance if needed.
Bug 2 (Solved in SVN now)
- add first person (from personell_admin) - no pix, no insurance
- assign person as employee -> save
- Page shows blank details on view template page.
- DB shows person assigned.
- Ssearch employee shows employee in list.
- Subsequent employees are added and shown correctly.
- First employee subsequently shown correctly.
System Admin -> Access Permissions -> Dept Admin -> List Dept
- Any Department that is a sub dept will not show up.
- Any dept that does not belong to this institution will not show up.
System Admin -> Access Permissions -> Dept Admin -> Config Options
- All Departments will show up
- Edit specific dept to be a non sub dept with no parent dept
- Make dept belong to this institution
- Now the dept will show up in the List Menu.
By default, the General Outpatient Clinic dept is a sub dept of the Internal Medicine Dept and hence will not show up in the List Menu. This workaround will fix it. The default install has now been changed to make General Outpatient Clinic as a parent dept.
Since UTF8 is now the default encoding for all HTML and PHP output in the current SVN, we find that the Euro and Pound signs may not display crrectly on for example in the Menu:
- System Admin -> Access Permissions -> GUI - Set Currency page.
Workaround: On the browser, choose the encoding to be:
- Western European (Windows) in MSIE or
- View-Character Encoding->Western(ISO-8859-1) in FireFox.
Passwords in Care2x v2.6.x
All user passwords are stored as MD5 hash of the clear text password in the care_users table. In case you have forgotten your admin password, you can give yourself another one by executing the following MySQL command:
UPDATE `care_users` SET `password`=MD5('mynewpassword') WHERE `login_id`='admin';
Now your new password would be mynewpassword and if your initial install admin user was not admin, alter the SQL statement above accordingly.
- Latest build files for templates maintained by Ap.Muthu
- Download the latest SVN package from the Care2x trunk and rename it to be care2x.tar.gz for use with the build files.
Documentation and HowTo´s about Care2x
This software has been forked and is being actively developed and used from an alternate foundry called Forga and their product is called Sinapsis, their project is called Registro de Historias Clínicas maintained by Venezuelan developers. The Care2x version here can benefit from some graphics and coding legacy that may be missing in it's core.