From Proxmox VE
OwnCloud on Squeeze is an Open Source Online Data Server.
- PHP / MySQL Enabled (UTF-8 enabled)
- Randomised MySQL passwords in initial boot log
- Access, Sync, Share, Encrypt, View, Migrate your Data to / from the Web
- Manage Tasks, Themes, Drag and Drop Uploads, APIs, App Store,
- Calendars, Galleries, Logging, ODF Viewer, Alerts.
- Supports LDAP/Active Directory and External Storage like GDrive and DropBox
For more details see: OwnCloud WebSite
Virtual Appliances can be downloaded directly via the Central Web-based Management.
Recommended settings for Proxmox VE
- Memory (MB): 512
- Swap (MB): 512
- Hard disk (GB): 8
Appliance specific settings
- Mysql root password is randomised and is available in /root/.my.cnf
- Please change this for security reasons if needed via command line after the first boot:
mysqladmin -u root -p password yournewpasswordhere
- Set the server timezone via command line:
- Restart VM
- Debian Squeeze
- OwnCloud v4.0.7
- libcurl3-dev - Not included in template
- Apache2 PHP v5.3.3-7 MySQL 5.1
- cURL zip unzip bzip2
The PHP Modules present in this VM are:
# php -m [PHP Modules] bcmath bz2 calendar Core ctype curl date dba dom ereg exif fileinfo filter ftp gd gettext hash iconv json libxml mbstring mhash mysql mysqli openssl pcntl pcre PDO pdo_mysql pdo_sqlite Phar posix Reflection session shmop SimpleXML soap sockets SPL SQLite sqlite3 standard sysvmsg sysvsem sysvshm tokenizer wddx xml xmlreader xmlwriter xsl zip zlib
Start the VM and open a VNC console and install the latest security updates.
apt-get update apt-get dist-upgrade
- No need to visit any installer page.
- Application however, comes with local install features
- mod_rewrite enabled
- Connect to the OwnCloud site at http://IP.or.Domain/ and use it.
- Initial OwnCloud Admin access details are:
UserName: cloudadmin Password: cloud123
- The configuration is stored at:
This is a fully pre-installed version of OwnCloud and all passwords are randomised and available on the First Boot Log.
Any manual install or install of the development version can be investigated for faults during the install process by using (uploading to the owncloud webroot and browsing) Dennis Kuypers' Tool.
Building the Template
Build Files Needed:
OwnCloud v4.0.8 now does not contain the 5MB folder apps/files_odfviewer/src/webodf/ and is hence slimmer at 21 MB when extracted. It is obtained from a git update instead.
Upgrading from v4.0.7 to v4.0.8 is achieved by overwriting the 26 changed files. The changes in db_structure.xml file is only of whitespace.
OwnCloud v4.5.0 is at 33 MB extracted. Although it does not have the 5MB folder apps/files_odfviewer/src/webodf/, the size is made up by the inclusion of the folders apps/files_videoviewer/ and the presence of i10n in all apps.
Documentation and HowTo´s
- OwnCloud WebSite - Not accessible to some BSNL IP ranges in India
- OwnCloud LiveCD at SourceForge
- Bug Genie - Very Slow
- Dev Build Site - v5 Pre Alpha Build 618 (2012-08-20) was last successful build - rest are broken now (2012-08-25)
- Download Git Master Dev Version - Was Valid till 26th Aug 2012
- Download Git Master Dev Version - Is Valid from 26th Aug 2012 - Take the core and apps trees for full master
- Install Notes