From Proxmox VE
SimpleInvoices is an Open Source Web-based Invoicing System based on PHP / MySQL, avoiding spreadsheets and accessible from anywhere.
- Create receipts, estimates, quotes and other document types.
- Support for products, tax rates, database backups
- Integrated database upgrades
- Payment tracking tracks invoice payments
- Monitors how much each customer owes you
- Reports sales by customer, by product, total taxes, and more
- Simple to use
- Track your money
- EMail as PDF
- Exports to Word, Excel, PDF or Text
- Invoice Types - Total, Itemised, Consulting
- Customisable Fields and Templates
For more details see: SimpleInvoices
Virtual Appliances can be downloaded directly via the Central Web-based Management.
A set of screenshots walking through a live deployment on a ProxMoxVE Host.
Recommended settings for Proxmox VE
- Memory (MB): 512
- Swap (MB): 512
- Hard disk (GB): 8
Appliance specific settings
- Mysql root password is random and stored in /root/.my.cnf file
You can change this:
- via command line after the first boot:
mysqladmin -u root -p password yournewpasswordhere
- Set the server timezone via command line:
- Restart VM
- Main software packages: Debian Lenny, SimpleInvoices 2010.2 + Fixes, MySQL 5, Postfix, Apache2, PHP5, zip, unzip, cURL, xsl
- The application MySQL user is: siuser with requisite permissions for the default application database: simple_invoices.
- The application MySQL password is random and along with other parameters
like authentication.enabled (false by default and hence login is bypassed) are set in the files at:
The latter file above contains the table prefix which can be changed before starting the VM for the first time just after creation.
The application default administrator user is firstname.lastname@example.org with password demo and they can be changed from within the application.
The applicance installs itself with unique values on first boot. Make any settings change (like table prefix) in the define.php file alone if needed, before starting it for the first time. All other changes in the config.ini can be done after starting the VM. Any config.ini changes that need to be done prior to first startup of the VM need to be done inside the install script at:
An example of such instance is if another database name is preferred.
Start the VM and open a VNC console and install the latest security updates.
apt-get update apt-get dist-upgrade
Now, connect to the SimpleInvoices web interface http://youripaddress/ and use the application.
Building SimpleInvoices 2010.2
Download the following:
- SimpleInvoices v2010.2
- Build Files for creating the SimpleInvoices template
- Latest build files for templates maintained by Ap.Muthu