Language files are located at git repository: git.proxmox.com pve-i18n
- You can create new translation with (replace <LANG> with the language ID)
# cd proxmox-i18n # make init-<LANG>.po
- Po file need to be translated to .js file by invoking script located at same directory:
./po2js.pl -t pve xx.po >pve-lang-xx.js
- You need to have installed some perl packages in your system. For Ubuntu:
apt-get install perl liblocale-po-perl libjson-perl
- Resulted file pve-lang-xx.js copy to directory /usr/share/pve-i18n on your proxmox server.
- You can send finished translation to proxmox team to office(at)proxmox.com with signed contributor licence agreement. See Developer Documentation
Proxmox VE 6.x management interface is available in the following languages.
- English (en)
- German (de)
- Danish (da)
- Euskera (eu)
- Persian (fa)
- French (fr)
- Galician (gl)
- Hungarian (hu)
- Italian (it)
- Japanese (ja)
- Norwegian Bokmal (nb)
- Norwegian Nynorsk (nn)
- Polish (pl)
- Brazilian (pt_BR)
- Russian (ru)
- Slovenian (sl)
- Swedish (sv)
- Turkish (tr)
- Chinese (simplified) (zh_CN)
- Traditional Chinese (Taiwan) (zh_TW)
How to translate into different languages
The translations can be done by using poedit, an easy to use editor or any other editor you prefer, e.g. Emacs. There is no programming knowledge necessary to translate. If you want to translate, just contact office(at)proxmox.com.
All released translation file are available. All maintainers can pick these file if the translation needs rework.