||Note: OpenVZ Containers are only supported until Proxmox VE 3.4
- Sometimes when we have some action scripts that do not work properly, the OpenVZ container fails to start and becomes unresponsive, ie., it is now in a locked state.
- The pid of the /usr/sbin/vzctl [VEID] start process is stored in /var.lib/vz/lock/[VEID].lck file appended with 2 line feeds.
- If multiple attempts were made to start / restart the container in vain, then each such event will have a separate pid. All these pids will have to be removed and finally the lck file as well.
- These pids can be found from:
ps aux | grep "/usr/sbin/vzctl start [VEID]"
- Now the container can be stopped from the GUI.