Windows NT Guest Notes
Mouse inside NT4 works, but often acts weird:
- sometimes mouse movements are amplified
- workaround: try to reach control panel > mouse, and reduce cursor acceleration & such...
- sometimes mouse movements go crazy, pointer jumps all ov er the screen, buttons presses (never done), all kind of crazy things...
- a reboot usually reset "normal" behaviour (until next time...)
- seems to be this kind of thing http://www.ilande.co.uk/index.php?/archives/7-Migrating-an-NT4-VM-from-VMWare-to-NT4-Part-2.html
Network drivers tested working
- Realtek RTL8139: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS003083
After using Clonezilla to migrate an NT4 SP6a Workstation to a KVM container, the video driver was incorrect. The VM defaulted to the standard VGA driver @ 16 colors and 640x480.
To resolve this issue, I downloaded and installed the latest version (2010.07.09) of the VBEMP driver inside the VM and rebooted. The NT4 VM didn't have network access or a floppy, so I had to boot the NT4 VHD on a Win2K VM located on the same PVE server in order to copy the driver zip file.