[pve-devel] virtiodisk ordering bug in current implementation + proposal for new qemu device syntax

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Aug 29 09:19:54 CEST 2011

maybe,
can we defined a default config file with by exemple 5 disk and 5 nics devices-slot mapping

and if some advanced users want to have more disk, or more nics, they can just edit the file and add new mapping ?

so maxvirtiodisk and maxnic are just a count from this configfile ?

about libvirt, is a little different, in libvirt config xml, you defined all controllers with pci slot addres, and add disks on controller.

something like that

<balloon controlelr addr=0x1>
<audio controller addr=0x2>
<virtio controller 1  addr=0x3>
 <disk name="virtio1" .....>
</virtio>
<nic device1 addr=0x4>
<scsi controller 1 addr=0x5>
 <disk name⁼"scsi1"  ...>
 <disk name='scsi2" ...>
</scsi>

they are not predefined mapping.

so you can add the number disk or nic or other devices you want,and map them as you want, the only limit is the 31 pci slots.