[pve-devel] virtiodisk ordering bug in current implementation + proposal for new qemu device syntax

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Mon Aug 29 12:16:16 CEST 2011

> ok, I understand your point of view.

we can still add that later if it is required.

> I think 6 virtio and 6 nics is a good value.
>

> Do you want I start write code on this basis ?

yes

> I can do code for new device syntax + hotplug, if it can help you.

I guess I can include code for new device syntax and fixed pci addr now.

> (i'm sure you are very busy with all other parts of proxmox2 ;)

yes, so I am not sure if we can include hotplug now - depends on how complex those patches are.

Anyways, we now have git, so it should be easy to maintain a 'hotplug' branch until we
are ready to include it.

- Dietmar