[pve-devel] virtiodisk ordering bug in current implementation + proposal for new qemu device syntax

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Mon Aug 29 13:17:06 CEST 2011

> ok, for hotplug, it will be very small code.
>
> I just send some command to qemu monitor (like to add a cd to cdrom drive).
>
> basicly i use 4 new subs
>
> 1 to add device, 1 to remove device, 1 to parse pci devices to verify is
> add/delete had correctly work, 1 for generated disk device command line

It is a bit hard to tell what that code is for. It would be great if you

a.) send patches which could be applied to the current code
b.) split them into reasonable small commits with corresponding changelog (git is great for that)
c.) use git to format the patches

Also, my initial suggestion was to work on correct pci address assignment first, and new device syntax.

Sorry if that sounds a bit complex - I just try to keep efforts minimal.

- Dietmar