[pve-devel] qemu 1.0 : scsi boot not working anymore

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Dec 9 08:07:39 CET 2011

Hi again,
I finally found the right way, we need to pass scsi bootindex to romfile.

 -option-rom 8xx_64.rom,bootindex=xxx

and don't touch on romfile of nics

bootindex on scsi disk not working (so we can boot only on the first scsi disk, because we can tell to lsi)

so:

if scsi disk in boot order
  if 8xx_64.rom exist
    add -option-rom 8xx_64.rom,bootindex=xxx
  else
    send warning to user to tell him to download an put the romfile in /usr/share/kvm

What do you think about it ?