[pve-devel] cgroups implementation proposal for kvm (cpuunits support for kvm)

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Dec 19 18:34:34 CET 2011

>> I am not even sure if we need to control cpu.shares - users expext 1 CPU if they assign 1CPU?

cpu.share is working like cpuunits, it's not limiting the cpu, only give priorities between process when the host cpus are 100%

users expect 1CPU if they assign 1 CPU.

but if you assign
2 VM with 1 cpu on an host with 1 cpu, you need to share ....

for blkio, yes, it's very difficult to limit with cgroup.(I was just talking about cpu)