[pve-devel] Disk cloning feature for shared lvm storage

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Sat Oct 8 21:26:35 CEST 2011

> > How do you plan to 'clone' a disk? By simply making a copy?
> I think there are various ways. For example lvm snapshot or just create new lvm
> and den dd from the other device.

AFAIK lvm snapshot simply do not work on shared storage, so I would
not consider that an option.

> But this can be changed pretty easy if we have the rest ;-)

The first step would be to implement an API to copy a volume in:

https://git.proxmox.com/?p=pve-storage.git;a=summary

Make yourself familiar with the code first, and feel free to ask more questions here ;-)

- Dietmar