[pve-devel] Disk cloning feature for shared lvm storage

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Fri Oct 14 10:11:27 CEST 2011

> where does this get printed / logged while the daemon is running?

to 'stdout', which is likely to be /dev/null

But If you use use 'pvesh' for testing, those messages will be printed to the console.

> Your wrote:
>  > # you need to get this working (fails currently, because  > # storage_migrate()
> uses ssh to connect to local host (which is not  > # needed  >
> PVE::Storage::storage_migrate($cfg, $src_volid, $target_node,  > $target_sid,
> $target_volname);
>
> So you think it makes sense to implement dd copying for SAN storage here too?

Yes. We need a general mechanism to copy storage from A to B.

> How do i check if it is an OpenVZ "image"/folder which works via rsync or a SAN
> storage / LVM which needs dd?

check the 'type' attribute of the storage configuration:

 if ($scfg->{type} eq 'dir'  || $scfg->{type} eq 'nfs') {

  elsif ($scfg->{type} eq 'lvm')

 }