[pve-devel] pve-kernel from repos more recent that proxmox git ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Apr 9 16:41:02 CEST 2012

>> I guess that has serious disadvantages?

Don't really know. I think it's only use if we are really low in memory.
Trying to defrag to have some more hugepages free.
And with ksm in the game, I don't really know all they are interacting together.

>> Maybe a stupid question, but can't we enable that only for KVM processes?
I don't think it's possible. It's enable for the whole system.

Maybe can we simply add an option in proxmox to define if user want use or not hugepage ?

(put in an init.d by example an "echo never|always > /sys/kernel/mm/redhat_transparent_hugepage/enabled")