[pve-devel] qemu-server: add directsync cache mode

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Tue Apr 10 08:56:23 CEST 2012

> I do not really understand that. If someone does not sync the data is at risk, yes.

It's works the same way than writethrough, but bypass host cache.

It's do a fsync on each write to be sure to not loose a single transaction.
could be usefull for database by exemple, where we don't have to use host cache.

Also,some older linux (or "old" filesystem, could corrupt with cache="none" or cache"writeback",
as they dont send flush command.

some infos:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/virt/2011-October/002956.html

>> But why do we want to have a workaround for that?
I just want to add all cache mode available in qemu. Maybe some users want it .

If I have time, I think i'll write a wiki article about cache options, as it's not simple to understand how they works.