[pve-devel] random vm start fail but tap device not cleaned.

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Wed Apr 25 17:29:50 CEST 2012

Hi Dietmar, I have had this problem twice.
vm start hang, then I stop the vm but the tap device is not cleaned, then I can restart it

Do you know how I can remove the tap interface manually ?

#qm start 10385
--> hang

#qm stop 10385
VM quit/powerdown failed - terminating now with SIGTERM

VM still running - terminating now with SIGKILL

#qm start 10385

kvm: -netdev type=tap,id=net0,ifname=tap10385i0,script=/var/lib/qemu-server/pve-bridge,vhost=on: could not configure /dev/net/tun (tap10385i0): Device or resource busy
kvm: -netdev type=tap,id=net0,ifname=tap10385i0,script=/var/lib/qemu-server/pve-bridge,vhost=on: Device 'tap' could not be initialized