[pve-devel] diskstats : wchar vs write_bytes

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sat Apr 28 09:11:04 CEST 2012

I read the doc, for reads I understand

rchar : read from the real underlying storage
read_bytes : read from kvm host buffer cache

but for writes I don't understand...
I don't use writeback, so data should be write directly to storage.

vm use cache=none.

So data must be write to the cache of the storage, then flushed each time the vm do a fsync, or barrier occur.
I'll try to do some tests with writethrough to see how are stats.

Thanks

Alexandre