[pve-devel] prelimary spice tests report

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Aug 10 16:05:01 CEST 2012

I  have just done some test,

using spice-gtk client and a guest windows 2003 vm.

without any qxl or spice driver, it's already works fine, like vnc.
mouse is smooth.

adding qxl and others services, it's works really fine.

I have tried playing a video on youtube, it's works better than vnc, but not like on local.
(I'm using a 100mbits wan, but can't have more than 2mbits...need more investigation).

I'll try with a win7/2008 guest to see if it's better.

I have tried the spice-html5 client, no success...It's connecting to websockify, but screen is black.

I check how ovirt/rhev implement console,
http://wiki.ovirt.org/wiki/Testing/Spice

They use spice-xpi for firefox/chrome on linux. (opensource)
They are also a spice-activex for internet explorer on windows. (I don't have find sources for the moment)

Regards,

-Alexandre