[pve-devel] pci bridge

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Aug 17 17:36:24 CEST 2012

>>Why do we need hotplug?
I was talking about hotplug devices on pci bridge. But bridge hotplug works also.

>>We simply add that at start time?
yes, but maybe only if we need devices on this bridge ?
maybe it'll break live migration if we migrate a vm without bridge to vm with bridge ?

seem to work fine like this:
-device pci-bridge,id=bridge1,bus=pci.0,chassis_nr=1,addr=0x..

and replace on device bus=pci.0 by bus=bridge

I'll do more test this weekend with differents os.