[pve-devel] nexenta plugin problems

Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG s.priebe at profihost.ag
Fri Aug 24 14:31:51 CEST 2012

Am 24.08.2012 09:01, schrieb Alexandre DERUMIER:
>>> 500 Can't connect to 192.168.10.30:2000 (SSL connect attempt failed with unknown errorerror:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol)
> same here. Stefan do you have done something special to get it work ? use commercial signed certificate ?

No for me it just works ?! Strange. I just created a new Nexenta Box and
a fresh new Proxmox install yesterday. And started deploying today. Disk
creation works fine through ssl.

>>> A real blocker for me is that “password” property – we do not want to store password
>>> in storage.conf. Any other suggestions for that?
> maybe like ceph ? /etc/pve/priv
>
> I don't know if we need to crypt to password. something like Crypt::OpenSSL::RSA ?

I don't see any problem here. We can create a new NON UNIX User in
Nexenta which has just the permissions you need.

Then choose a long passwort (max. 40 characters are accepted) it's then
like an api key. Where's the difference if we have an API Key or a password?