[pve-devel] savevm tests

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Thu Aug 30 17:18:40 CEST 2012

>>Yes, but finally we want do a "blockdev_snapshot_sync"
so , no vmstate ? (because vmstate is only through savevm)

and blockdev-snapshot-sync works only for qcow2, and external snapshot(for the moment)

>>- how does that call methods inside our library?
>>Or how do you plan to create a snapshot of all device including VM state?

here how I see things:

for nexenta:
     no vmstate(no possible)
     ----------
   - send freeze-fs via qemu-ga if available
   - use nexenta api to snapshot all disks
   - unfreeze freeze-fs via qemu-ga if available

for rbd:
    no vmstate (not available)
    ----------
   - send freeze-fs via qemu-ga if available
   - savevm.  (or rbd command, it's works too)
   - unfreeze freeze-fs via qemu-ga if available

for sheepdog:
    vmstate
    -------
    savevm

    novmstate
    ---------
   - send freeze-fs via qemu-ga if available and if we don't don't
   - savevm.  (or rbd command, it's works too)
   - unfreeze freeze-fs via qemu-ga if available

for qcow2:
    vmstate
    -------
    savevm