[pve-devel] create snapshots

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Aug 31 13:05:10 CEST 2012

>>I wonder it is would be safe to call an external script to create the snapshot there?
>>Or is there still some data in the qemu block driver cache, or the host cache?
yes, I think taking snapshot don't flush datas.
rbd devs said me that we need to freeze the filesystem with qemu-ga if we want to be sure that's all is fine.
(Or filesystem will do a fsck at start to correct the missing data with his journal).

But if we save the state, that's not a problem, as the vm will save the missings data in the memory and will flush them when the vm will reload the state.