[pve-devel] create snapshots

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Aug 31 13:21:39 CEST 2012

>>But I am quite unsure with nexenta - how can we make sure that the nexenta server
>>received all data before we do a snapshot?
I think it the same than other, if vm_stop is call, bdrv_drain_all,bdrv_flush_all will use libiscsi.

if we don't save vm_state, we need to freeze the filesystem. (qemu-ga call xfs_freeze, which works for ext3, ext4, GFS2, XFS, and BTRFS)

Currently, I'm using directsync or writethrough cache mode to be sure that the datas are always on disk.
(I have a fast nvram journal in my nexenta box).
I never add problem taking live disk snapshots and rollback them.