[pve-devel] create snapshots

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Aug 31 13:38:06 CEST 2012

>>No, I meant a different issue. What if data is on the host/network cache? But I guess we
>>can assume that an fsync on the iscsi connection makes sure that all data is written?

for vmstate
-pause the vm
bdrv_flush_all, flush the datas (fsync), to it's waiting the datas are written to the stable storage.
(so that's datas are flushed from all the cache (guest + host) )

with novmstate + guest filesystem freeze with qemu-ga
xfs_freeze do the same thing (fsync + stop new write to filesystem)