[pve-devel] pve-manager : expose balloon to gui

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Sat Dec 8 13:16:23 CET 2012

> Subject: Re: [pve-devel] pve-manager : expose balloon to gui
>

> >>They lock quite simple, so we can add them if they work fine.
> Ok, thanks. I'll begin to work on it next week !

Do you follow the discussion on the qemu-devel list? The virtio-balloon
driver only report free RAM, without information about buffers.
So maybe it is faster to work on the guest-agent infrastructure instead. I guess
it is much easier to modify the user space tools than a kernel driver.

Note: fixing the kernel driver is quite easy, but I doubt we can force all distrib. to
apply/backport those patches.

They also talk about a kernel-based auto-ballooning feature! I requested more
information about that.