[pve-devel] pve-manager : expose balloon to gui

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sun Dec 9 22:38:36 CET 2012

>>I guess we need buffer stats do work effectively. And worse, it seems
>>the windows driver does not return any stats.

Are you sure ? because source code seem to get all balloon stats (VIRTIO_BALLOON_S_SWAP_IN,VIRTIO_BALLOON_S_SWAP_OUT,VIRTIO_BALLOON_S_MEMFREE...)
https://github.com/YanVugenfirer/kvm-guest-drivers-windows/blob/master/Balloon/app/memstat.cpp

I'll restest it.

(But It can be easily extended to get some other counters,it's just using a wmi query to get perf counters)

>>Yes ;-) So lets try the guest-agent (we need that anyways).

Yes!
(Note,I'm looking code of qemu-ga for windows, it's pretty poor, only shutdown/power feature seem to be implemented currently. (Not sure we can execute command)