[pve-devel] Buiding debian packages

Tomas Martišius tomas at puga.vdu.lt
Fri Dec 14 19:50:01 CET 2012

On 12/14/2012 11:09 AM, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
>> It seems what you are using some not debian standard way to do this, so to
>> build packages using standard debian way (dpkg-buildpackage, pbuilder or
>> git-buildpackage) using your git repository is real issue.
>>
>> What are reasons to use such not standard packages build way? May be you
>> need some help to debianize these packages may be more debian way?
> We just use Makefiles and dpkg-buildpackage to make our live easier.
> There is no plan to change that.

But this is not the best way to do debian packages. This way build is
not clean, because it depends of all packages, installed on build
system. Dependencies then is resolved not by control file, but manually
by installing them on build system.

I think the best way is to use pbuilder. Have you ever try to use it?  I
think pbuilder will make live even more easier compared to
dpkg-buildpackage.

Best regards

--
Pagarbiai