[pve-devel] introduce linked disks

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sat Dec 15 15:19:59 CET 2012

>>i would like to add support for linked disks. These are disks owned by a
>>VM but available in other VMs too. For example for GFS, OCFS2, ...
>>
>>Is there a general interest in it?

I'm using shared disk. (with shared iscsi luns), so yes I'm interested :)

>>Dietmar what would be the right way?
>>1.) introduce a command in qm cmd?
>>2.) introcude API2
>>3.) introduce Web GUI?

I think a good rfc/documentation should be a first step.

Because I see a lot of thing to check. (snapshots,rollback, disk delete, backup restore of a vm: what happen on another vm sharing the disk...)

then after implementing backend (qemuserver,pve-storage,..).

then finally implemented gui.