[pve-devel] introduce linked disks

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Dec 17 08:48:50 CET 2012

>>Can you provide some details? What database or what web server is able to
>>use such shared disk?

webserver : all webservers (apache,nginx,...) under linux with a shared filesystem (ocfs2,gfs,...).
            It can be used also to do a samba cluster.

Database : microsoft sql server enterprise. (I think oracle rac too, but I never use it)

>>I guess we need to have special URIs for shared volumes, for example
>>
>>store1:/0/vm-0-disk-1.raw
>>
>>(owner is VM 0). But I am not sure if that is a good idea.
I didn't have thinked about it.

I think that the "master" need also too know where the disk is shared.
Because if we do a snapshot rollback for example, on the "master", we need to stop all vms where the disk is shared...
So do we need to parse all vm configs for this ?