[pve-devel] qemu-server changes

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Sun Feb 5 08:29:07 CET 2012

> I made some tests, and something goes wrong when hotplug fail.
>
> The config file is written even if hotplug die.

Yes, that change was intentional (to simplify the code).

IMHO hotplug should not fail. And if it fails the state of the VM
is somehow undefined, and it is better to have the change in
the config file so that it work on next boot.

Else a device simply vanish from the configuration, and this is
very confusing on the GUI!

What can make hotplug fail exactly (beside bugs in KVM)?

- Dietmar