[pve-devel] manually add servers to the PVE corosync cluster

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Jul 2 19:11:34 CEST 2012

Hi Michael,

Hi Stefan & co.,

>>How is your setup? Have you installed Ceph/Sheepdog on the Proxmox nodes
>>directly? Or do you run it on dedicated storage servers?

sheepdog can be installed on proxmox server or external server.
ceph cannot be installed to proxmox for the moment ( need recent kernel, recent glibc,recent xfs/brtfs)

>>Also I would like to hear if you have installed Ceph/Sheepdog on servers
>>with also RAID configured, or you let Ceph/Sheepdog handle individual disks
>>directly?

you can do with or without raid. recommandation is without raid.
(sheepdog: 1 sheepdog deamon by disk, ceph : 1 osd-daemon by disk)

Looking forward to hear your performance conclusions :-)

Both seem to run fine. Maybe ceph seem to be more stable, but need more tunning.
Sheepdog seem to be simplier, just a daemon, no special filesystem.

Ceph can have a journal on a fast ssd to speedup write.

I'll do more test this week with full ssd setup.
I'll try to do a sheepdog package for proxmox this week to . (sheepdog 0.4 is coming soon)

-Alexandre