[pve-devel] kvm 1.1 is released !

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Tue Jul 10 07:19:48 CEST 2012

> Just a note:
> I talk with the maintainer of the deb package, some changes will be done
> soon in init.d script,
> as the recommendations is to run 1 sheep daemon by disk in the cluster.
>
> So it will be possible to define more than 1 sheepdaemon in default file.

I guess that is easy to implement.

Although I prefer the 'no configuration' approach.

Besides, I think it makes no sense to run without RAID controller when using
current hard disk technology. A simply disk simply has very bad error detection.
Maybe that changes with SSDs?

> also,
> I should be possible to activate sheepdog daemon out of the box with
> /var/lib/sheepdog,
> but we need to add user_xattr, as / is ext3.
> I Don't know if it's better to use a full dedicated disk or not.

The root disk is wrong in 99.9%, so I guess the user need to mount
something at /var/lib/sheepdog. This would be the only configuration
task for the user.

- Dietmar