[pve-devel] open-iscsi multipath and proxmox lvm

Stefan Priebe s.priebe at profihost.ag
Fri Jul 20 23:19:01 CEST 2012

Hello List,

latest open-iscsi does now support multiple sessions per target. There is a sid package which does also build cleanly under squeeze.

With Open-iscsi you can do 50.000 rand 4k iops per session. So if you want higher values you need multiple sessions per target. I've tested scaling until 150.000 iops with 3 sessions do scaling seems to work fine. I'll receive more hw on monday to test up to 400.000 iops.

Open-iscsi still shows one device per session so you still need multipathd. Is there a way to use iscsi with lvm on top of multipath with proxmox? Using existing volume groups via webgui doesn't work for me.

Greets