[pve-devel] pve-qemu-kvm: patches cleanup for last git

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Mar 12 07:59:41 CET 2012

yes ;) (But I see a bunch of patchs on ehci in current qemu mailing list, so... )

By the way, I have somes questions about usb:

1) I see that when usbhost device are present, tablet is added on ehci.

And we I try to live migrate, why tablet on ehci,
Migratation start on other node but crash with kvm error message
"can not migrate unmigrate device ...."

I see in qemu doc (usb2.txt) that tablet is always on uhci.
Maybe because it's a virtual device and migration is not planned to work on ehci ?

maybe can we always put tablet on uhci ?

2) I'm working on usb hotplug, it's working fine for devices but I can't hotplug ehci controller (very instable in windows/linux).
   So I need to have usb controller present at vm start.
   What is the reason to have it activated only when usb devices exist in config at start ? (stabibility ?)

- Alexandre