[pve-devel] I/O Limiting

Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG s.priebe at profihost.ag
Thu Mar 22 09:55:19 CET 2012

Hi List,

is something like the I/O Limit in parallels bare metal server planned?

http://www.parallels.com/uk/products/server/baremetal/sp/whatsnew/

"Disk I/O limits. You can configure the bandwidth that a container or
virtual machine is allowed to use for disk input and output (I/O)
operations with the pctl set --iolimit command. Limiting disk I/O
bandwidth can help prevent situations where high disk I/O activities in
one container or virtual machine will slow down the performance of other
containers and virtual machines on the same server."

Guide:
http://download.parallels.com/doc/psbm/v5/rtm/Parallels_Server_Bare_Metal_Users_Guide/32846.htm

Greets,