[pve-devel] Fwd: Re: recommanded cache setting for rbd image

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Tue Nov 6 19:04:48 CET 2012

>>block: default cache mode is now writeback
>>
>>so it is already 'writeback'?
I think we need to read the qemu code. I don't know if writeback is writeback mode in guest or writeback in host.
cache=none : writeback is guest
cache=writeback : writeback is guest,writeback in host

One another interesting thing in qemu 1.2 changelog:

"Emulated IDE and SCSI as well as virtio-blk devices can now switch the cache mode between writethrough and writeback. virtio-blk automatically switches to writethrough if the guest driver doesn't support flushes. "

So maybe if we set cache=none and that guest doesn't support flushes (drivers,kernel,?), it become writethrough in guest, so it's safe ?